Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pre-Mother's Day: It Should Be a Holiday Too

Yep, it certainly should. Especially for me. And all the other Moms out there who suffer the same situation as me. You know, what I mean right? How many other of you out there spend all day Mother's Day rushing around getting stuff and kids ready to go to the mil's and your own mother's homes....and of course since it's their day too, you have to bring a bunch of food which you've spent considerable time preparing ('cause it can never be that you're taking the same thing to both places so it would be easy) and it's causing you to get a bit snippy, which in turn is causing the kids to get out-of-sorts and now the whole house is grumpy and you start to feel that Mother's Day is waaaaaaaaay stressful and if you could just go back to Mother's Day morning when your kiddies showered you with their wonderful homemade gifts (and the subsequent in-great-detail stories about how they made said gift) and live in that moment for the rest of Mother's Day you would?

Geez, please don't tell me it's just me.

Anyway, that's why I think there should be a Pre-Mother's Day. That way all the Mother's Day activities in my house could happen today and I could actual enjoy "my special day". I've tried to convince my family to celebrate it but seeing as I didn't get the traditional breakfast in bed (which always starts with me pretending to sleep through three kids in my closet saying, "Where's the tray? Do you see it? I don't see it, do you see it?" in loud whispers as they rip apart my closet) I don't think it's going to happen. At least not this year.

But I do have a Mother's Day card. And this post would be perfect if the card was for me from me for Pre-Mother's Day. But, of course it's not.....hmmmmmmm.....

But I do have a card. I made it for me for Pre-Mother's Day. And I'd like to take a moment to wish you all a Happy Pre-Mother's Day too.



It cheeses me off.....I totally meant to stitch around the card before I put it together but I forgot. And, while I've been known to take apart a card and fix what needed fixed, this one had too much stuff glued and pop dotted down to make that happen.  But I did add some faux stitching.  And to tell the truth adding the faux stitching really didn't do much....'cept make me happier.

For:

2 Sisters:  Mother's Day
Crafty Calendar:  blooms & bloosoms
My Sheri:  flower power
Pumpkin Spice:  flowers
Simply Create:  anything goes
365 Cards:  Day 128 - Word Wednesday:  Mother
Divas By Design:  anything goes
Paper-Crafting Journey:  anything goes
Twisted Tuesday:  free for all
Tuesday Throwdown:  My Mother, My Friend
Papertake Weekly:  anything goes
Scrap-Creations:  Mother's Day
Clear It Out:  use 2 or more patterned papers + old stash - patterned papers, pearls
Card Mania:  flower power
My Craft Spot:  for Mom
Love To Scrap:  anything goes
Love To Create:  for a Mom
The Pink Elephant:  Mother's Day theme
The Squirrel & the Fox:  Mother's Day
Corrosive:  Mother's Day
Pile It On:  for a mother

41 comments:

  1. Very , very pretty - love the angle that you place everything too - fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you!! Pretty card for mom and flowers too. Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am so with you!!!!! No it is not just you. This is a day where you have to remember the 'moments' - the cute moments - and then everyone needs to get out of my way so that i can get organised. You made me laugh!!!

    I just love love love this card Jan. Happy day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and elegant card. Thank you so much for playing at Love to Scrap challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty mother's day card! Love the flowers. Thanks for joining at Simply Create Too: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you used for this card--and your sense of humor too! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very nice! Love your whole post - it made me smile! :)
    Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! I have those days too. Lol. I hope there were some nice moments for you. My teenage daughter told me the night before she would make me scrambled eggs for breakfast. I normally eat breakfast at 7.30ish, it came and went, no sign of daughter, 8am nope, 8.30 nope 9am I give up, and am eating my norm muesli and yoghurt. She did make me lunch and make a nice dessert. So there were moments. Love your card... Great papers and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap. "Anything Goes " Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GORGEOUS card! The papers are beautiful:) lovely job on this!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the colours love the flowers...ok I just love tis card great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love that, it's great!

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jan: Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #37 - "Anything Goes". Your MD card is so pretty.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card, the flowers are absolutely lovely, the papers are perfect! Thanks for joining our Shop Pumpkin Spice flower challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your post. It made chuckle and thinking "yup this sosunds familiar".

    I Love the card. It is absolutly perfect.and faux stitching looks good :).

    Thank you for posting. It really got a good chucke out of me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a gorgeous card! Your pattern combination is perfect!
    Thank you for joining our Flower-y Card Mania Challenge!
    Hope to see you again!
    Kaly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at PCJ! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation...thanks for playing with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card. Love those colours and your flowers too.
    Hope you had a good day.
    Thanks for joining in over at my sheri crafts this week.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful and thank you so much for sharing it with us at Diva's by Design. Good Luck.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card...Happy Post-mothers Day to you Jan. (I hope you survived the mothers day /Mil day)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful use of papers and colors! Love all the flowers! thanks for sharing with us MSC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this, the angle of the frame and the colors it is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot. Gwenhttp://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jan - your card is so pretty - love all those layers and the flowers extending beyond the frame - makes it very lively! Thank you so much for entering Simply Create Too’s challenge! I hope you will play again in the upcoming challenges!

    Cornelia – Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/
    http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely!! Thank you so much for playing along with us last week at Love to Create Challenge!!


    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful card!!! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is simply stunning Jan! And I will vote for your special day...hope you have a chance to have a day just for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so pretty! The soft colours are fabulous and I love the look of the off-set frame!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a pretty card, so sweet!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox this week, hope we'll see you again next fortnight.
    Hugs,
    Linda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty with all the flowers. Cheers 365 Cards DT.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Jan, I am so with you concerning MD! You are NOT alone. Your card is stunning! Thank you for joining us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a pretty Mothers Day card. I love all the dimension. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a stunning card, love the design and die cuts used. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG!!! tooooooo funny b/c i was thinking this last week as my BFF (& later my sis) was recounting all the work involved in the double-grandmother MD gala celebrations and i thought, "you know the moms of LITTLE kids just DO NOT GET anything like their fair share of the 'holiday' in this holiday!!!!!" and really THEY/you(!) are the ones who are hands-on, day-to-day, "in the trenches" of motherhood, so to speak; whereas the grandmothers of the world (who deserve their props, for sure, i don't argue that for a moment!) are, by virtue of having the GROWN children, really scooping up the "fun parts" w/o the stress.

    all of this i'd be willing to chalk up to a "dues must be paid" scenario... no really, i would... if *FATHERS DAY* went along the same lines, with the young dads kind of getting faintly slighted b/c of all their work to make their own dads' day special. except that's NOT what happens, is it??! nuh-uh. in my experience, ALL DADS (young & old) get a glorious stress-free celebration with cute kid art etc AND a day off in which to enjoy it! hmmmm... why is that soooooo different, we ask ourselves?! ummmmmmmm... b/c once again it's the young moms' gig to make everyone happy. funny how that works, innit? yeah.

    special message to the husbands of young moms on mother's day: STEP the heck UP, you guys!!!!!! if you can simultaneously oversee a multi-million dollar ad campaign, memorize the stats of every springsteen record since 1975, and coordinate a league-conquering fantasy football team, you can probably work out appropriate festivities for THREE women, once a year, in order to make mother's day a REAL HOLIDAY for the person who gave birth to your very large-headed babies! so there!!!

    (any help???!?!??!) (just let me know if i need to come up there and rough anybody up. i'm keen to assist, lol!!!) :) :) :)

    oh yeah... nice card, too. sorry. prob'ly shoulda said that first. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Loves to Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.