Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stitching @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


the challenge is being set by yours truly and I decided to go with stitching. Machine, hand, faux, stickers, rubons....whatever, as long as it looks like stitching.

It's funny, it wasn't too long ago that a stitching challenge would have me grumbling and wanting to hide under the covers. [Not that I was scared of stitching. Wanting to hide under the covers (and sleep) is a basic state of being for me actually.] I hated stitching. But then I got a sewing machine and I hated stitching slightly less. But only slightly as I couldn't seem to stitch straight. But then I discovered purposefully sloppy sewing and sewing and I became good friends. In fact, you'll see it on a lot of my cards now.

Like this one.....


Digi is Take Me to the Moon from Tiddly Inks.  And, as you can see, I've got stitching running all along the outside there.

Sew, (Tee hee, that one's almost too easy.) why not run(ning stitch.....I better quit the sewing jokes, I'm running out of good material.  Ha!) over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

7 comments:

  1. This is just super cute and perfect for a little baby boy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I was a little shocked when I saw that you were challenging us to stitch!! I was all in.....I love to stitch. Your card is super cute....and the stitching is perfectly sloppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I was a little shocked when I saw that you were challenging us to stitch!! I was all in.....I love to stitch. Your card is super cute....and the stitching is perfectly sloppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, your post had me in stitches! LOL Your card is amazing! I adore that image and your coloring and the papers you used and your stitching! And the itty bitty little star sequins - LOVE!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Joanne took my sewing funny about being in stitches. Your sloppy sewing looks amazing on this super cute card. This version of creative torture wasn't too bad, but I think I will stick with the faux kind. Fabulous card and fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) :) :)
    I don't hate real stitching and sewing. Truly. But on cards... I'm still on your level one. :)
    Love the card! Off to bed...
    Hugs,

    Sanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy stitching my cards, but I hate to drag the sewing machine out - therefore I faux stitch! Your card is happily sewn and cleverly cute at the same time! Such a sweet baby card :)

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.