it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm gonna make you work for it this week. I want you to get active....interactive, that is! I'm sure you all know what I mean.....if you've made a project that shakes, slides, pops up, has a pull tab etc. etc. etc. it's in.
This is what I did....
.....and.....
....ta-da!
It's a slider card!
Let me tell you a bit about my journey to making a slider card. I saw one of these cards when I first started making cards....eight years ago.....and I thought it was the COOLEST thing EVER. And I vowed I would make one. I even went out and bought Staz-On ink and acetate and everything. And it never happened. Kept thinking I should, kept chickening out. Fast forward to a couple months ago when I won a Lawn Fawn gift certificate.....and immediately put it towards their Magic Colour Slider Die which I had been eyeing up for quite some time. Forward again to me sitting down to making this card.....and discovering that the Staz-On ink had dried up. Geez, Staz-On, what gives? Whadaya mean I can't leave a product like ink untouched for like, pretty much ever, and have it not dry out? That's Crazy-Town right there. (Actually, what's Crazy-Town is the fact that I actually thought it wouldn't be dried out.) Luckily, I was going by a Michaels the very next day....and Staz-On was on sale, so it was no biggie. Must say, that die made making this super-duper easy-peasy. So, I'm glad it took me this long....coz I know without the die, it probably would have been a big ole mess of wrongly measured paper stained with Staz-On and frustration.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up? And, while you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.
Also for:
Pile It On: new technique
Watercooler Wednesday: occasions
Aud Sentiments: for the girls + sentiment
Seize the Birthday: water + birthday

How dare that ink dry out! Great slider card here. Bravo to you for finally making one. I've only made one 'movement' type card ever and I cheated with a purchased shaker element. This one is super duper; love the design, the image, the paper...all!
ReplyDeleteI've never made a slider like this either...may have to give it a try. I love yours, the image, the paper piecing, the sliding, wonderful! As for the Stazon on...it does tend to try out quickly, I totally recommend having a reinker for this one. Thanks for the fun challenge!
ReplyDeleteI made a slider with Mandy once. Yours looks terrific! Sorry about the ink. I've used my Staz-On once and that was about two years ago so I imagine it's useless now too!
ReplyDeleteLove me a slider card and you've made a fab one. That SU stamp set is perfect for this technique. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Cahllenge this week.
ReplyDeletelove the stamp you used please whose it made by
ReplyDeletelove your card too.
Hi Julye. I picked up this stamp, along with a few others, at an estate auction. It was just bundled in with a bunch of other things, so no labels, but I do believe it's from Stampin' Up. Thanks for your comment! (:
DeleteSuch a great card, Jan ! Wonderful technique - i´ve never tried this - and i think it stay that way - i am not a technique junkie ***lol**
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
This is a fabulous card, Jan! At first I was WOW'd by the background paper, but now it's a magic slider card too. Double-y impressive! Thanks for joining the Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week! Crystal
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic - I also haven't quite dared to try one of these - however my Staz-on does get regular use lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing this feminine creation with us at Aud Sentiments,
Hugz Tinz
Love this card -- when the slider went up what a great surprise. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
ReplyDeleteGreat slider card, Jan. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love. A fabulous slider card! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sandy DT.
Love this card! Like you, I've always admired this technique; unlike you, I still haven't tried it. :D May have to look for that Lawn Fawn die now though... Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDelete