Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Animal Antics! @ Little Red Wagon

  This week at


it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm saying, "Animal Antics!" which just means that I want to see an animal on your project....and it doesn't even have to be anticing.

This is what I did.....


I went with an animal who is anticing.  (:  Digi is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  Do you know she's having a sale right now?  15% off all images.....but I believe today is the last day, so you better hurry if you want to sale shop.  Gotta love Mo's stamps....she's one of the best out there.

When I saw this image I knew it would make the perfect Christmas card for my daughter's datemate as his family has a dachshund.  Though, when I showed it to my daughter, she had a critique.....and she showed me a photo of Buster....who is mostly black with a little brown, not all brown as I've coloured this dachshund.  I felt the need to point out that Buster probably doesn't have aNtLeRs, so I thought we were okay with some artistic licensing.  

As you have probably noticed....or will have noticed now that I mention it.....the paper had some flaws which made the doggo look a little spotty.  I was just happy it was a dog that got printed on this paper, and not a face.  A spotty-dotty dog doesn't look so bad, but it would be harder to justify a pocked-pimply face.  Oh, and there's some Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles on those trees which I thought added the perfect amount of shine, and just a hint of sparkle for this scene.  A white wooden snowflake and a button....and that's all she wrote.

Why not give our challenge at go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Stamping Sensations:  time to celebrate
Corrosive:  anything goes
Allsorts:  add some sparkle
Crafty Calendar:  anything goes
Sweet Stampin':  feature an animal
The Fairy and the Unicorn:  anything fantasy goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
Aud Sentiments:  anything goes + sentiment
Addicted to Stamps:  Christmas
Crafty Creations:  anything goes
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday:  for men or boys
Simon Says:  add a sentiment
Crafty Sentiments:  anything goes
The Holly & Ivy:  anything Christmas goes
Unicorn Challenge:  anything goes
Incy Wincy:  animals
2 Crafty Critter Crazies:  anything with a critter goes
ABC Christmas:  Q is for Quality Street - Coloured up the pup in a nice chocolate colour

23 comments:

  1. Super cute, Jan! And yep, artistic license is certainly allowed. What fun would coloring be otherwise?! I think the textured paper gives your pup a great 'fur' look. Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image, he looks so happy doing his 'anticing' :o)
    A fun little Christmas scene and perfect for our 'Add some Sparkle' challenge at Allsorts, thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so impressed with the spotty colouring so you could have absolutely taken credit (at least until your followers started asking about how you managed such an awesome technique). I'm smitten with your Buster wannabe. He looks like he's having great fun! Super card for Buster's two-legged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous,fun and very cute sausage dog Jan, and I thought it was clever colouring on his 'skin' fur, so I will go on thinking that..love the sentiment too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute. I love the fun scene and image.. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments, Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such fun, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun and festive card- love the smile on the Dachshund's face- he's having a wonderful time! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan, this did make me laugh! Fabulous word play and an even more fab-ul-ous card. Love the Buster-ish Dachshund.

    Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge,

    Sarah R
    Crafty Calendar DT

    P.S. Daughter's who'd have 'em, eh! Mine is exactly the same - last card I made for one her friends I got told I'd given the girls image a suntan and 'but Holly doesn't have a tan, mum'! Hmm, I told her back, hard luck it's done and I'm not changing it when said Holly's birthday is tomorrow. Tough love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fab image and you've used it brilliantly, a lovely Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, i am back from vacation ! Your card is lovely, Jan. I have to check out Mo´s Shop - long time i wasn´t there.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. I ,love your image. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the most adorable lookalike reindeer, and the sentiment is fun and a perfect match. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love the design of this card and that amazing coloring. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card made me smile. The image is cute, but I do love a pun! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, Jan! Such a cute scene!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well as Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges!

    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes! This definitely made me smile.
    lol @ Buster's colours and his antlers story :o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cute and fun card. Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiment challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really lovely card, love the cute image. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations and TTCRD challenge. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is my favorite kind, the kind that makes me grin! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge this month, Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love a punny sentiment and this fabulous festive card has e grinning from ear to ear! Your cute pooch is coloured beautifully, spots and all!
    A gorgeous festive card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.