Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Bigger Than Normal! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Chrissy's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Bigger Than Normal!" which means she wants to see those large projects.

I don't wanna seem like I'm bragging but I think I've got this one in the bag....


Well, I've certainly made it too big to get a good photo of, that's for sure!  It's an 80th birthday card, with 80 candles and it measures 4" x 82ish".  It's got a verse inside of an alternate "happy birthday" song.  I saw a TikTok of a man on his 80th birthday leading his family in this version and thought it was pretty fitting for a card like this....especially since it works out that there's one word for each panel.  It goes....

May you live a thousand years,
May you drink a thousand beers, 
Get plastered, you bastard, 
Happy Birthday to you!

And here it is stretched out.....


A little tip....the flames on birthday candle dies I have were too small for these candles (which are just rectangular cut scraps of patterned paper) so I used the inside of a plant/leaf die for them.  Bonus of doing that meant cutting 10 flames at once rather than just one.  This is one of those cards that impresses the non-cardmaking folk.  Making them is fairly simple, and can get a bit boring after the first couple of squares.  And, let me tell you, it doesn't even remotely close up into a nice neat square when folded up.  More like a layered rectangle.  But, I knew when I was making it there wouldn't be any chance of that, even though I was being studious when attaching the cardstock together, so I wasn't annoyed in the least.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Krafty Chicks:  all occasions
Double D:  polka dots
A Place to Start: anything goes
Double Trouble:  birthday
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Crafty Catz:  dots
Creative Creases:  anything goes with a creative fold
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
Simon Says:  anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Jan, I love it, wow, you nailed it alright..what a great card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jan, this fun fold card can't be topped, for sure!! I love that you made it for an 80th birthday! The sentiment is fun - I am sure it will be enjoyed for the birthday celebration. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you are hereby declared the BIG CARD WINNER!!! You nailed it. What an awesome design and the sentiment just cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, love this... I'm 82 and I would certainly appreciate it... I like to do this for my son who's in his 50's, it's perfect for him, but I may put a smaller candles on it... lol. Excellent card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases. Just want to let you know, we are here for our 6th Anniversary Raffle because of your continual participation in our challenges. Your support means a lot to us and hope you will share your inspiration, creativity and participation for many more of our future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled right through this! Can't help but love it and the whole idea of making all 80 candles. I love your idea of using leaves for the candle flames. I'll make a note of that. What a fantastic birthday card! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great card and idea! Love it.

    Imke
    https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really 80 candles??!!?? 😅😅😅
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!! 🤩
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz, Bettascrap DT
    SORRY for the late comment! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an incredible idea! I'd say you definitely fit the bill to GO BIG! So cute.
    Thank you for playing along with Double Trouble for our 6th Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! This is absolutely amazing!! I'm not surprised that it wouldn't fold up like a typical card. That's a lot of fun panels and candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, this is impressive. I totally agree, you are the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible! This is a GO BIG OR GO HOME card for sure! I am sure your recipient was surprised and pleased by this wonderful surprise. Thank you for joining our Sixth Anniversary Challenge at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.