Wednesday, September 4, 2024

With Sympathy @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "With Sympathy".  Always nice to have those types of cards in the stash so you don't have to make one when it's needed.

This is what I did.....


For me, when it comes to sympathy cards, I always think less is more.  And, it's gotta be easy to mail.  I let a piece of patterned paper do the heavy lifting on this one.  Added a stamped sentiment from My Favourite Things, a couple of flat embellies and left it at that.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.   

613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
AAA Cards:  sympathy + cas
Krafty Chicks:  anything goes
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Dream Valley:  anything goes
{PIN}spirational:  stitching
Allsorts:  getting sentimental
Inkspirational:  cas + animal
Triple B:  birds, butterflies, blooms
Simon Says:  stamp it

12 comments:

  1. oh wow elle est trop belle, j'espère être aussi inspiré que toi la prochaine fois, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with your approach to condolence cards and this one is a beauty. It has such a quiet elegance about it. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sympathy card Jan, just lovely..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant CAS card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect sympathy card, I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite simply a beautiful creation the colours and sentiment are perfect thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love when a beautiful piece of DP makes the card - what a wonderful sympathy card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: CAS - Animal option ! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spot-on sympathy card, Jan, so well done. And yeah, I agree that less is more with these type of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love this card, Jan. The paper and sentiment - just great.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE/a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful monochromatic card. Thanks for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely. I agree - less is more when it comes to sympathy cards. Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card! This is the perfect expression of emotional support! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.