Thursday, June 17, 2010

da'do n. lower part of room wall........

......when lined or painted separately.

Did you know that was what it was called? I sure didn't. Probably would never have known if I hadn't made this card.



I had to really, really convince myself that it would be okay to rip pages out of my only dictionary. Honestly, I never use it, yep I'm that smart. hee hee (Dictionary.com is a site I visit frequently.) Still, tearing pages from a book?!? *gasp, gasp, double gasp* I was happy I braced myself and did it in the end.

For:

2 Sketches 4 You: sketch
Cupcake Craft: for the boys
A Crafty Little Place: one for the boys
My Time to Craft: xtra special
Creative Inspirations: one for the boys
EtsyInspired: For this print from Myzoetrope's Shop.

11 comments:

  1. Great masculine card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I could not imagine ripping a dictionary page either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not one for ripping pages out of a book either. Still, I love the look of the written word on a card or scrapbook page. Your card turned out great. TFS at A Crafty Little Place.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Wonderful masculine project! And so creative!
    ACLP Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card 'For the Boys'! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing pages on a card and this one is brilliant! Wonderful page to rip out, never knew what a dado was - thanks for sharing as I am a wannabe grammarian. ;)
    Great job, thank you so much again for joining us in our Guys challenge at ACLP!
    ~*Joni ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really sorry I didn't get around to commenting on this last week! Spending a few days away with my son put me very behind!
    This is a very special creation!
    Thanks for joining in with the challenge once more at MTTC!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.