Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall Is In the Air

Yep, it sure is here is southwestern Ontario. This week alone we've had three different kinds of weather.....normal temps for this time of year and sunny weather, ridiculously hot and humid weather (I'm talking 36ÂșC) and pretty darn cool and windy and gray weather. Pretty typical end of summer week, really.

So, I thought a fall card was in order......


And I got to break out my crackle accents! I love 'em but it's not like there's a lot of times a get to use them. Last time I used them was ages ago, and the only reason they got used was I grabbed them instead of my glossy accents by accident. The poor bunny whose goggles I used them for......probably crashed and burned due to my mistake.

Digi is from Mo's Digital Pencil. Did ya know they're having a guest designer call? I really tried to make flowers work on this so I could enter this week but I gave up as they looked very forced. Plus as this card is going to my 12 year old son I think he'll be grateful I quit.

Omg, there's my dog scratching at the door again! All afternoon in, out, in, out, in, out. I think she thinks that if she does that enough times, one of the times she goes out the summer weather will be back. Though, if that actually worked I'd probably be right there beside her, trying the same thing.

 For:

Sweet Sketch:  sketch
Corrosive:  all about fall
Pile It On:  tic tac toe - patterned paper, dies, autumn colours
My Sheri Crafts:  fall colours
Addicted-To-Stamps:  anything goes
LEJ Designs:  autumnal colours
Craft-Room:  trees or leaves
The Sisterhood of Crafters:  use a digi
Bearly Mine:  fall colours
4 Krafty Girlz:  anything goes
Happy Campers:  use a stamp
MilkCoffee:  fabulous fall colours
By Lori Designs:  chevrons
Jo's Scrap Shack:  autumn
Crafty Catz:  men/boys
Creative Corner:  the autumn leaves are falling
Card Makin' Mamas:  for the kids

28 comments:

  1. OMG you are too funny and I love your little 'stories'! Almost as much as I love this design ... SO GREAT! Love the fall leaves and your coloring on this cute image is FABULOUS! Enjoy the weather (it's going to get worse! LOL)
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DEVINE DIGIS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and the crackle is perfect. Absolutely gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters in our "Devine Digi's" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love how you used the crackle accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card! Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I just love everything about it! Great story about your dog too, lol! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fall card! Love that you used leaves as the curtain. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours Jan, nicely done all round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card in lovely autumn colours and such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty autumn card. I love how you have used the leaves. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, I love the autumnal concept, the colour the leaves are fab... Thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jan wow I love your fall card, this is such a cute Mo Manning image and your colours a beautiful, great idea using the leave as your curtain. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Jan, I practically peed myself, laughing when I was reading your blog. Thank you. I needed that! I could easily imagine the expression on MY boys' faces, receiving a card with flowers. Awesome card and I certainly enjoyed visiting your blog. Please come back!!
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors! So rich! And that image is adorable! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! Love the sweet Mo's image and the leaves! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love that image, so cute and it's colors so well! Love autumn colors!! We have had the same kinds of temps you have been having, crazy weather this whole summer! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous and the autumn colours are perfect,thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card.

    Thank you for joining us at SSW this week.

    Holly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well of “fall colours”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card, the image is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning card! Love your image and leaves. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a creative job with the sketch. Love the leaves and so perfect with your fall MM image. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, love your colouring of the image and wonderful leaves, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh sooo CUTE!!!
    Thanks You for joining us at PIO last week!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your autumn card Thanks for joining us at sweet sketch Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very sweet Fall creation and I just love those leaves! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a clever take on the Sketch!! Love the image and your coloring is awesome!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ummm...fabulous coloring!!!!! wow this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card! Love all the colours! Thank you for joining CMM Challenge! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.