Friday, September 6, 2013

Yeehaw.

I love this digi from Mo's Digital Pencil. I think it's an absolute scream. I hesitated before buying it though as I didn't think I'd be able to do any sort of a decent job colouring it. But, my dad's birthday is at the end of this month and this stamp was too perfect to pass up. So, I decided not to get my knickers in a knot, and I just went for it. Not that I was actually wearing knickers. And by knickers, I mean like golf knickers, not like undies knickers. I don't refer to underwear as knickers....I did have a pair of knickers once when I was a kid though, that's the golf-style to be clear. They were awesome.

Here's the card......


I showed this to my kids when it was just 'bout done. My oldest said, "Hey, that actually looks like grandpa." My youngest said, "Nice. I really like it." My middle one said, "Noooooooooo, don't put those sequins on it! I think it looks better without them.....noooooooooo whhhhhhy aaaaaareeeeeee yooooooou gluuuuuuuuuing thhhooooooose seeeeeeequuuuuins dooooooooown, you neeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer listen to meeeeeeeeeeeeee."

If I would have known it was going to be that big of an issue for him I would have finished the card after he went to bed.

Wanna know what's got me snickering?  It's that hairy twine.  Didn't know it was that gnarly until I was looking at the picture on my screen.  Kinda makes me think of how old men can have scraggly hair coming out of their ears and/or noses (and, in the case of my dad, some wickedly wild eyebrow hair) that needs trimmed.

And, now that I've implanted that image in you head, I think I'll go.

For:

Mo's Digital Pencil:  anything goes + gdt call
Sister Act:  anything goes 
Papertake Weekly:  anything goes
Di's Digi Design:  birthdays
Sentimental Sundays:  birthdays
The Cupboard Trilogy:  male
Digi Galore:  anything goes + digis
Creatalicious:  for the boys
Perfect Sentiment:  twine + sentiment
Penny's Paper Crafty:  spooled items
Paper-Crafting Journey:  anything goes
Aud Sentiments:  any sentiment
Happy Camper:  use a stamp
4 Krafty Girlz:  anything goes
Alphabet Challenge:  one word sentiment
Craft Too Challenge You:  texture - hairy twine, foam-y Thickers, bumpy sequins
365 Cards: Day 248 - Digi Do
Seize the Birthday:  birthday


22 comments:

  1. Cute card. I think you colored the image fine and I am sure your dad will love it. The yee-haw is a great sentiment with the image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, love the image and those fabulous colors. Thank you for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny is that image! Love the color choices and layout! Thank you for joining us this month at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card and your post brought a big smile to my face this gloomy morning!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Campers challenge. Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the female version of this image. Love these images and their not-so-enthusiastic expressions of their faces! This is so nicely put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, fab image & layout! Love the sequins lol!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha!! I LOOOOVE it!!! That card is absolutely AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sister Act Design Challenge this week!! ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. super fun :) thanks for joining us on 365 Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, Jan & you've cracked me up a few times with your telling of the tale!!!
    My fave past was the sequins story -- I can just hear him saying that!! Lol :))
    Re: twine --- sometimes I trim it after I'm done... Lol !!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sequins and the hairy twine!! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous image and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a super card i love him

    thank you so much for entering at

    4 Krafty Girlz

    Kerrie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, I love that image and the fun sequins!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, lovely image, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!!! LOVE this! Awesome coloring and hilarious sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the image and great job on the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story behind the creation of your fab card. Love that image and the sequins. Thanks for sharing your creativity and humour with us at The Perfect Sentiment this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card. This image is just FUN and Cool!! Love your coloring :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo`s Digital Challenge this week.
    Good Luck!

    Hugs, Tine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and great image.. makes me smile!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun card!! Great layout too!!

    Sorry for the late comments. Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!! I sure hope you'll join us again for the new challenge that just opened today!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great birthday card and I bet your Dad thinks it's great fun. Thanks for sharing it at the 'Crafts-Too Challenge You' TEXTURE challenge this month.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card, Thank you joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

    Stella xx
    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.