Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Incident

Well Father's Day wasn't a grand day of celebrating dads around here, that's for sure. I ended up spending a large portion of the afternoon at the ER because my in-laws' s-f (and that "f" definitely does not stand for "furry") dog bit my dd in the face.

She's okay, she has a mark down the one side of her face and required three stitches in her bottom lip. She was a trooper though and everything went smoothly.

I could rant and rave about a few things concerning the dog, but I won't. I will say the attack was completely unprovoked, and measures will be taken.

Anyway, I think I just needed to "say" that. *deep breath*

Okay, so that's the reason why this card didn't get posted yesterday as planned. My mother requested a Father's Day card she could give to my dad and this is it.



I tried something different with the skin tones on kraft this time. Still not pleased, this is too yellow I think. Love the digi though, it's Aussie Santa from Make It Crafty.

C.R.A.F.T.: Father's Day
Charisma Cardz: male cards
Do You Stack Up?: boys/men
Moving Along With the Times: kraft paper
My Sheri Crafts: Father's Day
Do It With Digis: Father's Day
Craft Punked: Father's Day
Crafts For Eternity: dashing dads
Card Makin' Mamas: Father's Day

20 comments:

  1. Oh dear - no happy fathers day at your in laws then! - we could all say alsorts about dogs but what's the point it's the owners responsibility and enough said - hope everything is ok - stitches sounds pretty bad enough to me

    Anyhow great card - love the image and your colouring is fab hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops with all the drama forgot to say thanks for playing at MTTC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God what a horrible thing to happen. Your poor girl. You must have been absolutely LIVID! Too many people have dogs but don't put in the effort to see that they're properly trained or behaved. How sad.
    I really love your ICADs. They're so raw and real. What a great idea for the kids during summer break. I think the "chaos" one is my fav.
    I hope the dr gave you some cream to help prevent scarring for your dd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would have been livid and think that dog should be put down before more serious damage is done. On a happier note gorgeous card and perfect for our masculine challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days so thanks so much for joining us. Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the poor thing, hope she is ok now and the scar clears completely. Brilliant card for our challenge. Love it. Thanks for joining us at CRAFTS4ETERNITY this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring on Kraft and that is one fabulous image!
    Thanks for getting Krafty with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope ur wee one gets better soon. Fab male card and thanks for joining us at charisma this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card. Sorry to hear your news. Hope all is well now. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, your poor daughter!

    The card is terrific! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a terrible thing to happen. I hope your daughter will be better and it won't leave too much of a mark, both physically and mentally. Poor thing. Been there (almost 40 years ago) when my son was bitten while playing in the snow... also totally unprovoked. We were lucky that even though he was just 5 years old he knew to protect his throat..

    Wondeful card, so funny! I bet your dad had a kick and a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no!! Sounds like a full on day...hope she is ok! Atleast it will be a father's day to rememeber.... ;) Great card - i just love your colouring on the kraft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ceratinly a Fathers Day to forget :( I hope DD recovers quickly & the dog taken to training lessons. I have 5 dogs & they wouldn't dream of biting anyone!
    Your card is wonderful & love the Aussie guy! Thank you for joining us at Craft Punked this week :)
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool. Awesome image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, love your image! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card. Love the pp and the great coloring. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card!!

    Thank you joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your daughter hope she is recovering well x

    Fabulous card Jan :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry about your daughter! I hope she is doing well. Your card is fun and I like your paper combos. thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think this is a fantastic use of this image. I have him in my collection and just might have to drag him out in the future. I never thought to use him for another occasion. Great card. Hope your daughter is feeling better and the dog maybe has a muzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh nooooooooooo! poor DD!!! i'm glad she's ok, but really i think "steps" SOULD be taken... they are lucky the dog bit someone who wasn't more seriously hurt and ummmmm.... WON'T SUE THEM!!! (nuff said prolly, so i'll shut up!)

    btw, that is a ROCKIN' fd card... AUSSIE SANTA??!?!?! how coooooool is he?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.