Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Just Beachy @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Joanne's turn to choose the theme and she wants to see projects about where a lot of people head in the summer - the beach!

Ah, the beach. Not a fan myself. It's sunny, and hot, and sand gets everywhere and about all you can do is sit and do nothing. Nothing except to think about how hot it is, how the sun is beating down on you, and how sand managed to be covering every inch of yourself. Ah, the beach.

But just because I don't like visiting the beach doesn't mean I don't like crafting the beach. See, look here.....


...an entire beach scene! I used Wryn's Beach Bonanza which comes with all the stuff you see here (minus the sentiment).

Colouring scenes isn't my strong suit, for sure, but I thought I'd give it a go.

So, why not channel that warm salty (or fresh-water) breeze, seagulls, the smell of sunscreen, filthy washrooms, tired whiny kids.....okay maybe just that very first bit, and then head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up? And, while you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jan!! Love the softness of the colours you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beach scene.....and I think we should plan a trip to the beach, just so I can watch you have all the fun you described above, tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jan! You did a great job with the sand, water and sky. I still haven't perfected backgrounds but yours is perfect!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jan this is a perfect beach scene! You did an amazing job! Love Wryn from Tiddly Inks! (I almost used her too for our theme!) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and the perfect beach scene. I am with you....not my favourite place to be. But I do enjoy crafting it :) Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For not liking it, you certainly made it look good! Such a sweet scene, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it... Image is so lovely, and colors are so yummy. :)
    I hope you enjoy your summer, girl. Here is too hot to do anything. So I'm just chillin'... Waiting for fave autumn while soaking my feet in the sea. :)
    Hugs,

    Sanja

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.