Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Up, Up & Away @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's very first turn at hosting and she's got a fun one...."Up, Up & Away" which means she wants to see anything that flies. So much you could do birds, airplanes, bugs, balloons, kites, rockets....

Or you could do what I did.....


....and use a butterfly. They fly. And I know that for sure because I get dive-bombed by them all the time when I walk across my yard. Nasty evil things with their sharp teeth and their serrated legs. Paper ones glued on a card are so much better.

I dunno though.....this card seems to be juuuuuuuust missing it's mark, kwim?  It's just nooooooot quite right.  Maybe it's the sentiment....rectangle might be better, or it's quite possible that the butterfly is a bit too big for the layout.....anyhoo I'm considering reworking it, but for now this is what it is.

So why not look up, way up, for some inspiration and then head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up? And, while you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

9 comments:

  1. Are you kidding?? It is awesome. Love that butterfly with it's squarish wings. Don't do a thing to it....it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding?? It is awesome. Love that butterfly with it's squarish wings. Don't do a thing to it....it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is lovely! Gorgeous colors and details! Perfect :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan!! Love your sentiment!! The papers and butterfly are perfect together. So soft and pretty!! 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaaat? Jan this is beautiful! It really is perfect, don't do anything to rework it, its so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, STOP! This card is gorgeous! I love the sentiment, the papers are perfectly chosen . The butterfly body is so unique and I love the dimension he adds LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card Jan. I do get what you mean though because we are our own worst critics. I have a box of cards that I want to rework. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, I love the papers and the stitching...so pretty! I would be super happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Gorgeous card!!! the papers are perfect and the sentiment it's so true! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.