Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rectangles and squares are not the same shape.

Okay, I did actually know that, and I'm sure you do too. So why was it that when I was making this card, I figured I could just cut a piece of patterned paper the size of the card, cut it on the diagonal, and then flip the one piece so both sides of the patterned paper would show on the front of the card? As you probably know, that would work fine with a square, not a rectangle. Best you can do with a rectangle is make a kite shape. And, that doesn't fit on the front of a standard card. Well, not in the way I wanted it to anyway.

I did get it figured out in the end though.



I made this card for my mother to give to my father for Father's Day.

For:

Crazy 4 Challenges: sketch
Quixotic: sentiment focus
Meljen's Designs: spotted
Charisma Cardz: 3D

4 comments:

  1. Very STRIKING, thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, sounds like something I would do! Glad you got it figured out, it turned out wonderfully! I love the papers and buttons! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs in our Spots & Dots challenge this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

    I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very elegant.. perfect for a man.. ;)
    thanks for playing with us this week one the MelJens challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.