Sunday, May 9, 2010

Scrungy!

My last few cards have been very cutesy, flowery creations so I felt the need to get a little dirty and let my inner grunge out. I was a little peeved at myself for stamping the "i" in the "hi" directly on that vertical line.

I actually have a tip to share! Now, for all I know this might be an old (and obvious to most) tip but it was new to me. Most of my ink comes form the dollar store. (Yep, I don't even try to fancy myself up with the word frugal. I know I'm cheap.) I did invest in some clear VersaMark ink though. I don't have black embossing powder, and under no circumstances will my clear embossing powder stick to the cheap ink. So, what I did was stamp the sentiment in black, then carefully stamp over it in VersaMark, covered it with the embossing powder, and, well, you know the rest. If you hold the card right up to your face you will notice that the embossing is slightly off. But, if you hold any of my cards right up to your face I'm sure you'll be able to pick out numerous flaws so slightly off embossing didn't really bother me.




For:

Design Dollies: pink, cream, orange
Hope Stamps Eternal: For this this pic.
One Stitch At A Time: going dotty
Crazy Challenge: bling
EtsyInspired: For this pic from Lindsay Brackeen.

18 comments:

  1. The First!! well done. Certainly Dotty!! Great make, and something a little different too!! Thank you for joining OSAAT's Dotty/spotty Chalenge!!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO! This is neat! Its fun, grungey and quilty too! Not an easy combo to pull of but its so fab! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is briliant certainly different and so well thought out too thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is really cute! Don't worry my inks are cheap ones too! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hun I love it...everything about it is great


    Thank you for joining us over at 'The Crazy Challenge'

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on a fab card hun and on being first in this weeks challenge at OSAAT. Thanks for joining in the fun.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your different style, great layout and colours, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you call back again soon, Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dotty indeed...cute card!
    Thanks for joining OSAAT this week.
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really different and unique, I love it, the grunge and the pink actually make a perfect match - thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a funky card. Would cheer anybody up. Thanks for joining in at OSAAT x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love how you pieced this all together! Beautiful!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah, just so you know, i LOVE this! Jan, i'm lovin' your outta-the-boxness! glad you're hanging out with us in the Dollies! MORE MORE MORE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. I love all the little pearls and buttons you put on it. So playful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehehe, I love your card, and I love your attitude! Cheap is good, in my book, and slight flaws are what make a hand-made card special (or so I keep telling myself :P)
    Thanks very much for joining in our Dotty challenge at OSAAT, and good luck in the draw :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely creation!! love the patterns and cute buttons. Thanks for joining Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it alot! it's so random yet still so neat. and great colour combo xx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.