Saturday, March 12, 2011

*gasp* An inked image!

Come 'ere, I got a secret. I don't like stamping. Shhh...quiet gasping, I don't want to be kicked out of the cardmaking community! Truth is, I like my digis, I like to print sentiments out on the computer but I really actually don't like inking up a stamp and pressing it onto paper. I've never had much luck with it. Either I don't get the placement right, or it ends up globby or missing half the image 'cause I didn't press it down well enough. I've actually forbidden myself from buying any more image stamps. (Sentiments are still fair game. Sometimes you just need one of those.)

The problem is, digis don't really cut it when you want to make one layer cards. Oh, you can make them work, I managed to do it with this card but it can be quite a headache trying to get the placement right, worrying about the margins etc.

So, when I decided to play along with a one layer challenge, I grabbed a stamp, inked it up, smushed it down on the card (too far away from the side, of course) and that was that. (Or this, I should say.)



Hmmm...the sentiment is darker in real life.

For:

Speedy the Cat's Friends: one layer + lime and gray
Scrap Creations: going green
Lets Ink It Up: embossing
Creative Card Crew: no flowers
Little Red Wagon: green
Craft Us Crazy: nature
Meljens: green
Stamp Insanity: anything goes with a pop of green
Art Impressions: embossing
Delicious Doodles: use green
Phindy's Place: get well/thinking of you - Hopefully "cheer up" counts.
OLW: find inspiration from Marta's pininterests - This was my inspiration.
One Stop Craft: clean & simple
Crazy 4 Challenges: use a tree

25 comments:

  1. Now Janr that wasn't so hard was it and truthfully I bet you loved it. Your card is simple and elegant well done on taking the plunge with stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you get out those rubber stamps, after all that's what LIIU is all about. Love the clean and simple style. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, you do make me laugh! This card is just great; fresh and CAS! If it's any help, I downloaded a free programme called Pageplus from Serif that helps me position my digis perfectly for printing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the confession you just made. :) I must admit: stamping is my absolute favorite part of card-making. Oh that I had the determination to purchase no more stamps. That would be the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny, Janr! It wasn't painful, was it? :) Your card is beautiful - so clean and simple! I'm very proud of you! LOL Thank so much for sharing your pop of green with us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! That really wasn't so bad was it - your card came out great!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. I wish I could do clean and simple that looked this good. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 'clean and simple' card, very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Clean & Simple car. Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the placement looks fine...and remember...practice makes perfect! LOL! I finally decided that my passion for BUYING stamps must be widen to include USING my stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun tree! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with this. Jan! I too prefer digis. I can never seem to get the rubber perfectly inked up and it comes out splotchy, screaming "rubber stamp!!" lol
    Thanks so much for taking the time to join us at Phindy’s Place! We really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute, clean and simple! Thanks for pulling out some stamps; I can imagine what a headache digi placement can be! I haven't a clue how to do that yet. THanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles. I hope you'll join us next time.

    Good luck

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Design this week!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL...you crack me up Jan! Your stamped tree turned out very cute...awesome CAS card! Thank you for celebrating Earth Day with us! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great stamped image thanks for playing at StampinSanity this week
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card, Im with you about digis, you just cant beat them for versatility.

    Thanks for playing along with our 'Something Green' challenge over at Delicious Doodles.

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen I like it as it is, we always critical abt our own work lol. I use rock-a-block and I get perfect image every time.
    Thanks playing along with Delicious Doodles
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute tree! Thanks for linking up at Craft Us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh! did you see you WON at Creative Card Crew for this one?! congrats, girlie! and yeah, you rocked the CAS. i totally have issues with clean and SIMPLE. nothing i do is simple ovah hee! xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. The apitamy of CAS! (I mean that in a good way) I can't do CAS to save my life! You have rocked this wee stamp. Thanks for playing with us at LIIU>

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning! Thanks very much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week, hope to see you again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow this is so cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Craft us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very sweet card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.