Monday, March 7, 2011

"Going Green"/"Greenage" at Squigglefly

Do you remember what movie that quote comes from? It was one of my favourites once upon a time. Yep, you gotta reach back to 1996 for it...(yeah, saying that didn't make me feel old)...it's Twister.

Okay, now that the trivia portion of the post is over, on to business. This week at Squigglefly the challenge is (obviously) to use the colour green. Actually, the challenge is to make a monochrome green project.



Hmmmm....I'll have to admit it's a bit less monochrome than it should be. (My fault for missing the "monochrome" part when I read what the challenge was.) But, even though I might have cheated a bit this week, that doesn't detract from this great digi! It's called Japanese Bonsai Tree and it's a steal of a deal at 99¢. You can get it for yourself right here.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the sentiment reads "peace and tranquility." (At least according to Google Translate that's what it says. ;-) )

So why not head over to the Squigglefly Challenge and enter the "Grateful for Green" challenge? You don't need to use a Squigglefly image but if you do use one you'll be eligible for this week's prize.

Also for:

Aly's Sunday Challenge: anything goes
Corrosive: going green
Creative Inspirations Paint: green
ECP: green
Card Makin Mamas: something green
Craft Us Crazy: anything that reminds you of nature
Do You Stack Up?: green
Penny's Paper-Crafty: green
Top Tip Tuesday: favourite technique - Using nesties to sponge ink around image to leave a frame

16 comments:

  1. Jan, this is so pretty!! LOVE the soft green around the tree!! Beautiful take on the challenge!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the coloring and shading. Beautiful sentiment to put with it and the language goes well with the image.

    I loved Twister by the way lol

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Jan!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is really pretty! I love the soft coloring you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the shading around the image!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
    Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops, I meant, our Green challenge!! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Nice work on the green challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very unique and creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Pretty image. Thanks for sharing your card in the Creative Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm feeling tranquil just looking at it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at DYSU! It’s so fun to see so many different takes on our Green challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jan, I love the cas style of your card and am really happy you translated the sentiment lol. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at DYSU this week! Janna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the bonsai. Great card. Thanks for playing with us @ The Corrosive Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and I love the clean and simple design. Thanks for joining us in our nature challenge at Craft Us Crazy
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.