Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby Card

My butt has left this chair today - honest! The two cards I made today gave me little difficulty, which is unusual for me. Plus, I'm starting to find my own "style" so I don't seem to spend as much time tyring to decide exactly what I want to do or second guessing myself when I do figure out what that is.



I seem to have an overabundance of orange paper so I thought I'd use some of it up. IMO orange is perfect for a generic baby card. I'm not a big fan of yellow and mint green together. :-)

For the following challenges:

Truly Scrumptious: sketch
Just Buggin': dry embossing (I don't have any embossing folders or plates so I just did it by hand. Hope that's okay!) - Plantin cartridge
Creative Inspirations: monochrome

11 comments:

  1. Great card!!! I think the embossing is great!! I like the orange you chose!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Buggin Challenges!
    Lynne JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the colours and design

    Thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I know what I want to do. Wish I could do it more often. I really like you card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and lovely papers. Thanks for joining us at TS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this week's challenge! I love your embossing-very creative!

    Hope
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin'.

    Lisa
    JB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, the way you used the sketch is stunning and the clean lines work so well...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I never thought of orange for baby cards, but you have me totally sold on it now! I have to try these colors out! Your embossing is wonderful too and yes it totally counts! ;) Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

    Kandi *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card. I would never have guessed you did that embossing my hand. It looks awesome. thanks for playing with us at just buggin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with the embossing! Love your sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Just Buggin'!
    Stephanie H. *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.