Friday, February 26, 2010

Anniversary Card...

...or not. Seeing as our anniversary isn't until July I might give this card to dh for no reason at all. Well, I shouldn't say no reason. The fact that he's probably going to pretend to be insulted about the fact that his pear is quite a bit chubbier than my pear will be completely worth it.



The challenge at Die Cuts R Us this week is to use up leftover Valentine's material without making it look like a Valentine. I used some heart paper as well as some leftover Cricut hearts. They weren't the colour I wanted so I just inked them up with a bit of blue ink. Much better!

Also for:

OCC Sketchs: sketch
Caardvarks: stickers (the two pears and squiggly green line)
SPCC: caramel, banana & moss (and blue right? lol Yeah, the blue just kinda snuck in there. ;-) )

20 comments:

  1. Jan this is a very sweet card. I think Pears are the new "cherry" this year. They look great on your card. Nice use of those V-Day scraps. Hearts are all occassion in my opinion. :~) Glad you could be part of the fun at DCRU this week.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!! I love the pears!! Great job using your scraps!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
    Sheri
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card...LOVE it! :)

    Make sure you check out my blog candy at www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

    And my NEW challenge blog at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is too cute! Great job with the challenges!

    Allison - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jan! So sweet! I love the green pair/pears! Thanks for playing with DCRU!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet pear!! Very cute card. Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. Thank you for using SPCC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card. Love the pears and your sentiment. I agree with Gwen, pears are the new "cherry"!
    DCRU Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Jan! Just "Pear"fect :)

    Thanks for joining us at DCRU!


    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Great job with the SPCC colors!
    -Kristin SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card!!!
    I like the use of the color combo that you made

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your design and colors...the pears are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pear-a-liciouslly cute! Love your simple design and great color combo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this! Wonderful job! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so cute! thanks for playing at OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute!! I love the play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute!I love this card.

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty! love those pears!!
    -Shauna {SP Diva}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome!! luv the paper and those pears, thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.