Friday, February 12, 2010

Followers!!

I have been remiss (and, quite frankly, rude) in my duties as a blog hostess! It wasn't until last night that I noticed I have some new followers. Welcome, welcome, all of you! As, you can see there's plenty of room here. (Dee will scooch over a bit for you, won't you Dee?)

I thought I should do something to show you how much I appreciate your company, but what? Gosh *scratching head* what could I do? Hmmm........that's a toughie. Oh, wait, I've got it! I could make you a card! (Bet you didn't see that coming.)

So here it is:



Now, since I'm me, I also had to make this with some challenges in mind. They are the following:

Allsorts: get distressed including button/s and a bow
A Spoonful of Sugar: 1 patterned paper, 1 embossing, 1 ribbon, 1 button
Paper Sundaes: sketch
Crafty Creations: friends

As you can see I had some fun with my heat embossing tool by scorching the b'jeebers out of the paper and wooden flower. Had to put up with the burnt paper/wood smell for a good hour. That's okay though, nothing's too good for my peeps.

9 comments:

  1. oooh never thought of using a heat tool to distress paper! will have to have a go at that! gorgeous card, I really love it

    thankyou for joining us this week at Allsorts

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv the look from all that heating! will have to give it a try (hope i don't burn down the house lol)

    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, thanks for the e-card!!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I got some great ideas to try with my heat gun now so Thank you! Thanks for playing along with us over at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card - love all the kids of distressing you used! The flower in the middle actually looks like wood.
    Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Jan, love the card you sent me too! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this card, it's got a great feel about it, and I love flowers! I'm glad you joined us with this weeks sketch challenge at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Great distressing! So glad you played the Crafty Creations challenge!
    Smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.