Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some thoughts

You know, I've been looking at a lot of great cards lately. I'm always so impressed with the cards with the multiple layers made with gorgeous coordinating papers, the beautifully coloured digital or stamped images, the bling upon bling. Then the wheels start turning and I say to myself, "I'm going to make one of those cards." And then I fail miserably. Even when I try not to do too much, take the mushroom card in my previous post, it's not good. Aside from the sentiment (which I love!) I look at it and think, "(short e sound)". I'm just not impressed with it, not to mention I didn't have any fun at all colouring the mushroom.

Now this card below, I have to say I like it. In fact it's definitely one of my favourites I have ever done, might just be my very fav. And it looks simple...wait not simple....brb.....it's classic, clean, subdued, refined, unfussy (thank you thesaurus.com). It's also for the following challenges:

Posh Designs Scrapbooking Store: Sketch # 7
Easy Craft Projects: Valentine's card for a man
Design Dollies: red, black + 1 other colour (white) AND vintage
Charisma Cardz: I Love You



Hmmmm...I see something that I need to fix on this card. I'm not going to say what it is in case you don't see it. :-D Know that it's now fixed but since the natural light is fast fading I'm not going to bother to change the picture.

9 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this card! I always say less is more!!

    Thanks for playing with us Dollies!

    Dollie Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! first of all, it's FABULOUS, and i love the simplistic approach! thanks for playing with the Design Dollies!

    also, i'm PRETTY sure i know what you're talking about that needs to be changed, and i'd so be all over that myself. nitpicky and such. :D but to the untrained eye......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I don't see anthing that needs to be fixed at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% male card, I love it and they are my favourite colours for valentines this year..many thanks for joining us at ECP this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! so fresh so clean. just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! so fresh so clean. just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, very clean & simple but so effective

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta agree with Sarah! So fresh and simple LOVE IT! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.