Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ignoring the Mother's Day projects.....

......I need to make to work on this. (Can you say procastinate? I know I can.) It's not actually Teacher Appreciation Week here in Canada so I this will be an early-made end of the year card.



The neat thing about this card (if I do say so myself) is that there is a magnet glued to the inside of the card as well as a magnet on the back of the little quilled quy's head. So he can be easily taken off the card.



See, there he is on my fridge hanging out with his pet turtle and his buddy Cailliou.

One could say it's almost magical. (And the DT from Crafty Creations thought my card had nothing to do with magic. Oh ye of little faith. Okay, the connection is pretty lame I know but it's worth a shot.)

For:

Design Dollies: teacher inspired
Sentimental Sundays: sentiment + for someone special
The ABC Challenge: thank you
Crafty Creations: magical
Pile It On: boy colours
Cute Card Thursday: boyz to men
One Stitch At A Time: children

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I thank you for entering it into OSAAT Challenges this week Please pop back to see the winner and new challenge on Sunday

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I LOVE the quilling! Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great card love the quilling
    thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and fab quilling too, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon, Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be card....Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We at Crafty Creations are great at detecting the mystical and magical crafty elements and it's simply magic the way your sweet quilled boy can pop off that card to the fridge like that! :) Very cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Creative! Very Cute! Thanks for joining us at PIO! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, and such a cool idea with the magnet!
    Thanks for playing with the Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Love the lil dude! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O what a magic trick that lil guy can do!! LOVE this card....your wee quilled apple is fantastic too!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great card. Neat idea with the magnet. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the quilling is definitely magic!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cute! What a fab idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creative card! Love the quilling too. thanks for playing at ABC,
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Great job :) Thanks for playing along with PIO. We appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute!Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute and very creative.
    Thanks for joining in at the ABC challenge this time.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a unique creative idea, a little extra something for the teachers that always say "don't get me nuttin" lmao..It is Teacher appreciation week down here in the states, how cute that card is..thank you for sharing with us gal's at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE how you've done that chalkboard!! That is just so clever. Thanks for entering this creation into Sentimental Sundays :)
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw this is so clever, and sooo different!! Love it. Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'Children' Challenge this week, hope to see you again! New Challenge starts tomorrow!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!!! Just stopping in to let you know that you blog will be showcased on 5/13 at the paper craftorium here: http://papercraftorium.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow your card is super awesome, what a talented lady the quilling looks divine, so glad you could play with us at the Dollies. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.