Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grungy Valentine's Card

Okay, so this isn't your typical Valentine's Day card, but I like it (uh huh uh huh). It wasn't so long ago that I was a teen (no laughing!) and, to me, this card screams teen angst. You know that here's-a-Valentine's-card-for-you-that-says-love-not-I-love-you-'cause-I-don't-well-maybe-I-do-'cause-you're-like-the-only-person-in-this-screwed-up-world-that-understands-me-the-only-person-I-can-talk-to-gawd-I-hate-my-parents type of angst. You just can't get one of those cards at Hallmark.



And a close up of the flower:


Ha! I just noticed that the word "bride" is one of the most visable words on the flower. It makes my day when the completely unintentional works out like that.

Other than for my own amusement I also made this card for the following challenges:

OCC: masculine Valentine
Crafty Calendar: love & friendship + hearts
Fun With Shapes & More: hearts & stripes
Cute Card Thursday: spots & dots
Pile It On: love
C.r.a.f.t: Valentine's
Creative Card Crew: Valentine
Die Cuts r Us: love
Tuesday Taggers: love
Creative Inspirations: leftovers (cardstock scraps and newspaper)
Pixie Cottage: love
Delightful Sketches: love

Well, that's definitely the most challenges I've ever entered with one card. Hmmm...it might take me awhile to get all those links done. I guess ignoring housework will be on my agenda this afternoon!

31 comments:

  1. I love this!
    I totally agree on the teen angst, perfect!
    Thanks for Piling It On and playing at Delightful Sketches and Challenges and The Pixie Cottage this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! I love the crumpled flower!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DCRU this week!!
    Sheri~DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan- I loved that Glitz paper. I had a kit with it inside and loved it! I am so glad you joined us this week at DCRU!!!!

    Sammye Jo
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Valentine! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along in our Valentines/Love challenge at C.R.A.F.T. with your great project!Fab grungy look.... Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card Jan! I love the grunge theme. What a fresh and current take on the Love theme.
    TFS with DCRU.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is very cute!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!
    Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, it's so off the wall, delightful card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, we hope you will join us in our next challenge, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card - so different! Thanks for playing along with us over at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jan. Love that homemade flower. Thanks for sharing your "love" with DCRU this week!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool card! thanks for joining us at PIO! by the way: I love you're blog title :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan loving this card, many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation and thanks for joining TT this week.
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I once made a card with beautiful print from a book, I think the sentment was missing you and once it was ll done I noticed the word POOP right in the print!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, Deanna, that's hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous project! Thanks for joining in with our Love theme this week at Tuesday Taggers x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a wonderful card, love all the details
    thanks for joining us at fw shapes & more
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, what a fabulous card. I totally love it - you are so spot on with your teenage angst! Super job on the grunginess and you really did pile it on!! So happy you were able to join in the fun at Our Creative Corner, Creative Card Crew, Creative Inspirations and Pile it On!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card! I love the sentiment and gorgeous hearts! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
    Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely work! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job on the grunge!!! It looks fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A grunge Valentine, fantastic! Love the flower! So creative!
    DCRU Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card is fab, I loved reading your explanation of it. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fab card Jan! I love all the heart and the flower =)
    Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fab card Jan! I love all the heart and the flower =)
    Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! Awesome card, Jan! Love your flower!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great card! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very original design! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love, love that wonderful flowr! Thanks for playing with The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.